[WEB4LIB] New.net: Giving you the TLD's that ICANN('T)...

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Thu Apr 12 22:42:17 EDT 2001

At 12:20 PM -0700 12/4/01, Charles P. Hobbs wrote:
>Kind of sounds "back-doorish" to me, and the trademark dispute issues are
>not going away. But is this New.net domain system something that
>"undermines the existing Internet"?

It would  destroy the integrity of the dns and produce a tower of
babel. Cnn you imagine multiple services like this?

You'd have to use the right plug in for each one.

They wouldn't  work for protocols that don't use a browser eg z39.50

Theer would no longer be a single dns for you to get an IP number
from and you'd have to check all these Micky Mouse dns services.

This is little better than a get rich quick scam.

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au