multiple IP addresses and electronic journals

cruby cruby at micron.com
Tue Apr 17 12:30:58 EDT 2001

Hi!

I have browsed the archives and haven't found an answer to my question so am
hoping the collective wisdom of this group might have a suggestion.  We
offer access to approximately 25 or 30 electronic journals from a variety of
publishers.  The majority of these have been set up with domain access which
has been working fine up until a couple of months ago when our information
systems group decided to change the IP addresses for all of our locations
around the world so each place has its own unique IP address or range.  So
now we are getting complaints from people in places like Singapore and Italy
that they can't get to the full-text of the journals.  Before I have to
track down all the new IP address ranges and then start working with the
publishers to add the addresses to our account or switch to passwords,  I'd
like to see if there is any way to set things up so that, say someone in
Italy, can go to our library web site based in Boise and gain access to the
journal contents with the Boise IP address rather than the Italy address.
This would, of course, pertain only to those subscriptions that allow
international access.  Has anyone ever d had to do this?  Would you be
willing to share how you did it or where we can look for such information?
Our information systems people seem to be stumped by this one.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Carolyn

Carolyn Ruby
Micron Technology
MS 552