RE2: Headphones -- revisited

Thomas Dildine dildine at stlawu.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:27:31 EDT 2001

Daniel Messer wrote:  Ditto from Yakima. Ours don't break too often, but boy oh
boy aren't they nice and don't they just seem to grow legs and walk out of the
library? Our method of fixing the problem was to buy cheap headphones and mark
them as disposable.

Here's a source for cheap headphones of this type:

Computer Gate - http://www.computergate.com
2960 Gordon Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95051
Phone:  (408) 730-0673
Fax:  (408) 730-0735

The following is from their catalog:

Dynamic Headphones

Feather light comfort plus real durability with brilliant full dimensional stereo
sound.
* 27mm mylar cone speakers
* Frequency range:  20-18000Hz.
* Maximum Power Input:  100mw
* Jack:  3.5mm stereo; Length of cord:  4'

Catalog item number:  MHPF002  Cost:  $1.90

Disclaimer:
I get no cut or kick back from this company, nor do I get anything for endorseing
them.  I have no interest or stake in the company.  I've simply ordered from them
oftem and have fount them to have the lowest prices around for this kind of thing.

Thomas Dildine
Library Systems Technician
St. Lawrence University
Canton, NY  13617