access to electronic serials

Sue Shiel shiel at uwo.ca
Tue Apr 17 08:19:07 EDT 2001

I work in a small special library on a university campus and therefore
don't have to make electronic serials available to our patrons - this is
handled by the main university library. However, one of our faculty
members has asked for my advise on making the research journal he edits
available, to subscribers only, in an electronic version. This journal
is published by a small academic society (the Canadian Population
Society). He is considering a password protected site. What guidance can
I give him in setting up this site so that institutional subscribers can
easily access this electronic edition of the journal? Is password
protection a problem for institutional access? Thanks.
--
Suzanne Shiel
shiel at uwo.ca
(519) 661-3819
Population Studies Centre, Room 3227 SSC
University of Western Ontario, London ON N6A 5C2 Canada