[WEB4LIB] Re: statistics for academic library web

Julia Schult jschult at elmira.edu
Wed Apr 11 13:50:26 EDT 2001

I have a lot of questions in this area, and in fact a regional group here is
hoping to bring in a speaker on the subject of web server log statistics and
statistical report software.  Does anyone know of an appropriate speaker for
such a thing?  I don't have any leads except the book mentioned by Lee J.

I've been thinking of inviting vendors, WebTrends and their competitors, but
it would be nicer if we had someone neutral who could give a workshop on
what terms like "hits" and "sessions" mean when you factor in the variable
of user-cached pages.

---Julia E. Schult
Access/Electronic Services Librarian
Elmira College