Scanners

Melody Danley danleym at sls.lib.il.us
Wed Apr 11 13:21:48 EDT 2001

Greetings web4libbers--
I realize that this subject is a little off topic but you all are
probably some of the best resources I could find for this question.

I recently updated my computer (Mac G4) from a woefully outdated 7200. I
had been using an Apple OneScanner with Ofoto. Ofoto is no longer
supported and is having problems with the new operating system, and the
plug-in from Apple is really sad. It looks like I'm in the market for a
new scanner.

What I would like to know is some recommendations for a scanner that
would also provide me with the software that includes expert controls I
need for print and web. I would really like to hear from someone who is
happy with the product they're using.

Thanks, Melody

--
Melody Danley