[WEB4LIB] Regarding Job:Librarian at IBM Research

Harden, Kathy kharden at UMHB.edu
Fri Sep 29 14:12:01 EDT 2000

First, I'd like to point out that this position is a contract position.  The
employee would not be an IBM employee, but would work under contract for a
contracting company.  These contracting companies frequently hire
individuals after one or two phone interviews, and demand the candidate be
available upon the contractor's request.

The post also asks for individuals with "advanced training", not
specifically professional librarians (if professional librarian can be
defined by the awarding of a  Master's degree in  a  Library/Information
Science field).

What you might want to consider is that some individuals/professionals might
appreciate any  alternative resources for job openings made available to
them through e-mail discussion lists or other avenues.

I wonder if a policy exists on proofing a post prior to submission?

Kathy D. Harden
Electronic Services Librarian
Townsend Memorial Library
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor