RF radiation concerns...i.e. Librarians in a microwave

Rumbaugh, Christopher Christopher.Rumbaugh at ci.corvallis.or.us
Thu Sep 28 22:25:55 EDT 2000

I do think there should be more research and that there may be a concern,
but please look at the ARRL website listed here:

http://www.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/eval/

Radio Amateurs [Ham operators] have been handed an FCC edict as to what they
need to do to comply with RF Radiation at their home stations. What you will
note is that proximity, output power and frequency are all combined to give
the level of safe exposure. As stated in a previous post, most of these
devices fall far below the levels that are _considered_ dangerous.

I for one AM a bit concerned, but think that we need to approach this issue
being fully armed with the current research, standards and recommendations.

see also:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/rfsafety/

My 2 bits, nothing more :-)

-Christopher Rumbaugh