Prospero Help

Bryan Davidson bdavidso at uark.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:37:14 EDT 2000

All,

We are currently using Prospero for document delivery, and for the most part
it seems to work just fine. Lately though, an increasing number of users
have been complain that when they go to open the pdf document they receive
an "Error - data missing" message.

In some cases, they report that acrobat does indeed open, but nothing
appears in the document window. Of course, I cannot recreate the error. If I
log into the users account from my machine or a machine at the refdesk, I am
able to access and print the document. When asked, all of these users say
that Acrobat is installed on their machine and that they use it all the time
when viewing pdfs in ProQuest and other databases.

I've checked the Prospero web site but was unable to find any bug
descriptions that sounded like this.
Has anyone encountered this? I suspect that the pdf file name may be getting
corrupted somewhere along the line and Adobe is not recognizing the file.

Much thanks!
Bryan H. Davidson
Electronic Products Librarian / Webmaster
University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville
Ph. 501-575-4665