[WEB4LIB] Wireless in Libraries

LINDHOLM Janus L Janus.L.LINDHOLM at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Sep 27 15:52:37 EDT 2000

But are any of the libraries that are using wireless public, as opposed to
Universities that have a, more or less, controlled population?  I just don't
see how to incorporate wireless in a public environment where our patrons
are very fleeting.  I would be very tentative about loading drivers, cards,
etc., on a patrons laptop.  Are there public libraries out there doing this?
And if so how?

Janus Lindholm                 Applications Support Tech. Sr.
Eugene Public Library          541-682-6894
Eugene Oregon                  janus.l.lindholm at ci.eugene.or.us