[WEB4LIB] Walkup ports (was: More on Wireless Librarian)

Lynn Dennis ldennis at roselle.lib.il.us
Wed Sep 27 13:29:32 EDT 2000

Grace Agnew wrote:
>We have walkup port support at the library now
> and have added
> more than 200 walkup ports for independent laptop access to
> both the campus
> net and the library's subnet.

Heidi, we have had patrons at our public library ask if they can use their
own laptops to access our network.  How are you doing this?  Do you have a
generic network logon? Do you supply network cards/cables?
I'd appreciate more information on this.
Thanks,
Lynn
Lynn Dennis  (ldennis at roselle.lib.il.us)
Automation Coordinator/Technical Services Department Head
Roselle Public Library  (http://www.roselle.lib.il.us)
Roselle, Illinois
voice: (630) 529-1641; ext. 241
fax: (630) 529-7579