Secure Web Pages with SSL on IIS

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Fri Sep 22 09:07:23 EDT 2000

I'm creating an online form that will collect information from visitors, some of
which needs to be protected.  How difficult is it to set up a secure connection
to the web server?  We are using IIS 4.0 and it appears that IIS supports SSL.
However, the little bit that I've read seems to indicate that you can only set up
SSL on a web directory, not a single page.  If anyone out there is familiar with
setting up SSL on IIS, could you please clarify this issue.  I would prefer just
to use SSL on specific pages as opposed to an entire directory.

Alsom if you have anything else to add about setting up SSL or alternatives to
SSL, I would appreciate that too!
Thanks!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician