[WEB4LIB] re: library splash pages

Tami-Jo M. Eckley eckleyt at mville.edu
Fri Sep 15 11:52:53 EDT 2000

Yes Peter,  this is my thinking in how to deal with the "splash page" that they are pushing to us.  Perhaps the "splash page" can be the place for events, employment opportunities, special exhibits, hours, staff, etc. - and our new library home page will be focused on research, databases, periodicals, etc.  How does this sound?  Are there any examples of this out there?

From: Peter Schoenberg <PSchoenberg at publib.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:34:06 -0600

It sounds like your are now talking about different home pages for different
audiences, which is very different than having a splash page and a home
page.
Peter Schoenberg
Manager - Virtual Library Services - Edmonton Public Library
pschoenberg at publib.edmonton.ab.ca     tel: (780) 496 1855