[WEB4LIB] JavaScript & CSS relationship question

Peter C. Gorman pgorman at library.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 14 13:39:01 EDT 2000

Bobb,

Building on what the other folks have mentioned, several scenarios
are possible, depending on how your policy is worded. If the policy
is "All workstations must disable JavaScript", and you use Netscape,
then you're out of luck unless the policy changes, for the reasons
Thomas mentioned. You can write CSS to your heart's content, but the
browser won't implement it.

If, however, the policy is "Thou shalt neither write JavaScripts, not
use them in thy pages" you should be free to use CSS, since CSS is
entirely independent of JavaScript.

--
Peter C. Gorman
pgorman at library.wisc.edu
(608) 265-5291

What's the difference between fiddle players and government bonds?
Government bonds eventually mature and earn money.