Adobe 4.0 font problem

Heidi.Yelk at courts.state.wi.us Heidi.Yelk at courts.state.wi.us
Thu Sep 14 10:27:43 EDT 2000

After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0, I am having a
font problem when displaying certain PDF documents.  I read the Adobe page
technical help explanation that explains that Times New Roman and Helvetica
fonts are not included in 4.0.  Adobe states that this should not be a
problem because adequate substitute fonts are provided.  (The user should
not notice a difference. This is indeed the case for *most* of our
workstations, they are working fine after the upgrade)

However, the latest machine I upgraded displays a font error message when
opening PDF documents; (cannot find times new roman or cannot find
Helvetica) the document opens but the typeface of the document, while
readable, is unacceptable.  So far this is only happening on one Windows 95
workstation. (The workstation does have access to times new roman and
Helvetica through the wordprocessing program, if that matters)  I tried
uninstalling and re-installing - no help.   I searched the WEB4LIB archives
and did not find any past postings on this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heidi

Heidi A. Yelk