[WEB4LIB] Re: foreign language characters in browsers

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Thu Sep 14 09:44:43 EDT 2000

Alis technologies once had a browser called Tango that supported 19
different languages, including CJK, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.  Not only would
the browser render those character sets in the document window, the entire
interface would adjust accordingly (e.g., buttons arranged from right to
left in Arabic).  However, I cannot find any reference to it in their
current web site:

http://www.alis.com/

They do claim to have integrated a translating technology into Netscape 6,
however.

You'll also want to search the Web4Lib archives.  This has been covered a
few times over the past few years.

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive.html

Good luck,
-kb