[WEB4LIB] Re: Web editors/marketshare & reviews

John Harvey jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us
Thu Sep 7 14:25:36 EDT 2000

When I saw Thomas Dowling's list of Web editors (as culled from "generator"
tags), I was momentarily taken aback by the poor showing by Macromedia's
Dreamweaver, which many webmasters of my acquaintance, including myself,
use. Then I remembered that DW, possibly as part of its commitment to
generating clean HTML, does not insert a generator tag unless you tell it
to.

John C Harvey
Irving Public Library
jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us

In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one
wants, and the other is getting it.  -Oscar Wilde