[WEB4LIB] Web based email crashing

Norman Howden NXH5610 at dcccd.edu
Tue Sep 5 09:44:22 EDT 2000

Do you have an up-to-date version of Java?  I haven't had problems, but we've kept up pretty much with Java updates.

Norman Howden, PhD
Assistant Dean, Educational Resources
214-860-2176

>>> Randy Souther <southerr at usfca.edu> 08/31/00 06:25PM >>>
Has anyone been experiencing the problem of web based email crashing
their computers? We are seeing this very frequently on our public
workstations. They are a combination of Win95 and 98, Navigator 4.08 and
IE 5. The crashing I've seen is mostly with Hotmail and Yahoo Mail. It
seems to happen only when someone is composing a message, and only when
it is a long message. Not only the browser crashes, but the whole
computer. Any ideas for fixes would be appreciated.

--
Randy Souther
Reference Technology Librarian

Email:  southerr at usfca.edu