[WEB4LIB] Re: Patron Internet Machines

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Sep 12 17:43:18 EDT 2000

This is also a good time to remind people to upgrade to the most current version of whatever browser is available:

Internet Explorer: 5.5
Netscape Communicator: 4.75
Netscape Navigator: 4.08

In addition to the bloatware and "features", there are good reasons that the browser companies keep upgrading -- they are fixing the security holes, memory leaks and buggy implementations of Java that are sure to
frustrate your patrons and have your staff muttering choice words about you under their breath!  So, if you are running something older, first try upgrading!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI