[WEB4LIB] Patron Internet Machines

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Sep 12 12:43:09 EDT 2000

Assessing what exactly the problem is requires a lot more information such
as:

What OS are you using?
What version of Navigator are you using?
What is the bandwidth of your Internet connection?
How many workstations are accessing the Internet?
How is your internal network arranged?

All kinds of things could be at work.  Maybe the "Internet is down" - if
you run enough traffic over a connection, you can bog it down, internally
and externally.  Is the Internet traffic being routed over the same
network with CD products?  If your connection can't handle the traffic,
moving to a Terminal Server environment is going to correct that problem.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI