bug with IE5 upgrades and PDF files

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Sun Sep 10 15:34:18 EDT 2000

We had this problem (Acrobat not opening for pdf files) with some
databases after we upgraded to Acrobat Reader v.4.  I downgraded our
installations to version 3.X.  I can't remember the exact version we are
using, but from trial and error I've noticed that all versions of 3 seem
to work equally well for our purposes.

I think our problem occurred with ProQuest, but it could have been one
of the others.

Try de-installing Acrobat Reader v.4 and installing v.3 on one of the
machines where you're having the problem.  The link to the Acrobat
Reader download for older versions is:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html

Hope this helps.
--