Submissions for "News from the Field" / Journal of Internet Cataloging

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:13:56 EDT 2000

 _Submissions for "News from the Field" / Journal of Internet Cataloging_

For my next "News from the Field"  column for the _Journal of Internet
Cataloging: The International Quarterly of Digital Organization, Classification,
and Access_ (JIC), I would appreciate any and all news items about current or planned efforts for organizing or providing enhanced access to Internet or Web resources. The homepage for JIC is

       [  http://www.haworthpressinc.com/jic/  ]

BTW: A current  issue of JIC [4(1)] is a ***most impressive*** special issue devoted CORC, OCLC's Cooperative Online Resource Catalog project. The issue is edited  by Karen Calhoun  (Cornell University) and John J. Riemer (University of Georgia) and includes contributions from major players:

  [ http://www.haworthpressinc.com/jic/jic4nr1-2.htm ]

  For "News from the Field",  I am interested in relevant conferences, workshops, discussions, institutes, presentations, and/or other programs. I am also interested in current or completed digital/digitization projects, as well as noteworthy articles, reports, journals, newsletters or other print or electronic publications.

         The full-text of my latest column is available at:

   [ http://www.haworthpressinc.com/jic/jic3nr4news.htm ]

  I would most appreciate receiving any submissions for my next column no later than October 1 2000.

   Thanks!

   Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

        "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                             Alan Kay