OFF TOPIC, but others may have the same need!

Terry Brennan t.brennan at lib.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 19:10:41 EST 2000

Hello

We keep stats of reference inquiries at our library service points. We do
this by marking a printed tally sheet kept on the desk. Each week/month,
someone has the laborious task of adding these up and transferring the
totals to a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know of any software that will do the tallying as each stat is
entered? F'rinstance, I'm thinking of some way you could have a
spreadsheet open and just hit "Enter" (or whatever) in the appropriate
square, and it would increment the previous tally by one. And so on until
the end of the counting period when you would start the new period's sheet.

Thanks for any crumbs you can offer!

Ever hopeful,

Terry Brennan
Electronic Information Services Librarian
University of Melbourne HERC
442 Auburn Road
Hawthorn Vic 3122
Tel: 61 3 9810 3364