[WEB4LIB] RE: Windows millennium(?)

Tom Hassing thassing at creighton.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:34:26 EST 2000

>From what I've been reading, WinME is frequently less stable than Win98.
What features do you see in ME that you can't get from 98SE?  Do you need
MS's latest Media Player or Movie Maker? I wonder if ME's primary reason for
being is to nudge businesses toward Win2KPro by making 98 appear to be a
dead end.  I use DOS, 95, 98, NT4 and 2KPro for various purposes.  So far, I
haven't seen a reason to even try ME.

When I visited Dell's "Home and Home Office" pages, WinME was the only
"choice" I saw, at least on the entry level machines.  However, when I went
to Dell's "Small Business" pages, I had a choice between ME and 98.