[WEB4LIB] Software for checking for changes in a web site

Leonard Will L.Will at willpowerinfo.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 17:23:19 EDT 2000

In article <4.3.2.7.2.20001027213927.00aec200 at serv1.ub.ntnu.no>, on Fri,
27 Oct 2000 at 12:49:35, Even Flood <URL: mailto:even.flood at ub.ntnu.no>
writes
>Folks,
>
>A user asked me about the following: He needs
>a client program that monitors a remote website (or several)
>and informs him when the page is changed. He wants
>to be able to set up the websites he wishes monitored
>himself, so it must be a local program - or a website
>that does the job for him. Anyone heard of such a product?

I've used this one for a while - it seems to work.

"WHAT IS THE INFORMANT?
The Informant is a FREE! service that will save your favorite search
engine queries and web sites, check them periodically, and send you
email whenever there are new or updated web pages." - [home page]
<http://informant.dartmouth.edu/>

Leonard Will

--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092