Real-Time *VOICE* Reference Service(s)

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Oct 27 15:53:44 EDT 2000

                      _Real-Time *VOICE* Reference Service_

  For a recent posting, I have discovered a new 'Real-Time Reference Technology' called _eGain Live  _  [http://www.egain.com/ ]. A component of this technology is a product called  _eGain Voice_
  [ http://www.egain.com/pages/Level2.asp?sectionID=2&pageID=597 ]

QUOTE

eGain Voice transforms your Web site into a customer communication channel for live voice chats. An enhancement to eGain Live, it employs Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable voice chats at company web sites. Customers get instant service, plus the human touch that only voice can deliver. Your agents close more sales. And you reduce telephone costs by speaking with customers anywhere in the world as if it were a local call.

UNQUOTE

NOTE: A PDF file that provide full details about the eGain Voice service is available on it Web page
 [ http://www.egain.com/docs/products/voice.pdf].

   I am greatly interested in identifing Any and All ** Libraries ** that are using eGain Live and/or eGain Voice to provide 'Real-Time Digital Reference Services ' for inclusion in my registry devoted to this type of service called
LiveRef(sm)

 [ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/LiveRef.htm].

NOTE: I am *NOT* interested in PHONE Reference services [:-)]

   I am also interested in other Real-Time Digital Reference technologies not currently listed in LiveRef(sm) as well the names of libraries that provide 'real-time digital reference services' that are not presently listed  in LiveRef(sm).

  As Always, Any and All  contributions, questions, queies, comments, cosmic
insights, etc. are Most Welcome!

/Gerry McKiernan
Alto Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

             "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                                               Alan Kay