[WEB4LIB] Blocking all web browsing (only) at a terminal

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Oct 26 13:36:58 EDT 2000

CPH> I've been asked to find a way to block web browsing access to a couple
CPH> of Windows 95 workstations at our circulation desk. (Too much staff surfing).

This reminds me of years ago when we first brought in Win3.1 that a
couple of managers asked us to remove Solitaire, since people might
play it.  We explained that it was a standard part of the system and
we wouldn't remove it.

It wasn't a technology problem, but a management problem.

I'd say you have the same type of situation.  Let the managers handle
management problems and let the technies handle technical problems.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA