Lock-in Web Addresses on Internet Explorer 5

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Oct 19 09:17:28 EDT 2000

Some of you may be familiar with the online help guides I have done to
assist in locking down Netscape Navigator for use in the library.  One
of the more popular guides explains how to restrict Navigator to a
specified list of web addresses to prevent a web-based OPAC or Online
Database workstation from being used for general Internet surfing.  In
response to serveral requests, I have created a similar guide for
Internet Explorer 5 [and 5.5].  This guide explains step-by-step [with
graphics] how to use Internet Explorer's own settings to restrict access
to the web.  This guide is now available at:

http://northville.lib.mi.us/tech/lockinie.htm

Links to the other help guides for Netscape as well as other related
security resources can be found here:

http://northville.lib.mi.us/tech/netscape.html

Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI