[WEB4LIB] browser back button

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:46:55 EDT 2000

A solution for IE and Netscape (although this does not fix the mentality
of the web author) -

Hold down the ALT+Left Arrow key if your using M$ Windoze.  This can
take you back several pages further than you prefer but you can then use
the tool bar arrows or ALT+Right Arrow key.

Thomas

"Tami-Jo M. Eckley" wrote:

> I know this discussion has come up before but I am asking about those certain web pages that do not allow you to use the browsers back button - when you click on the back button - the same page returns.  (I am not talking about another open window.)  I believe it is something in the code that sets this feature up - but what is it?
>
> --
> Tami-Jo Eckley
> Electronic Services & Media Librarian
> Manhattanville College Library
> Purchase, New York 10577
> http://www.mville.edu/library
> Tel:(914) 323-5274
> Fax:(914) 694-8139
> ______________________________________
>
> --

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine