IE 5 eating comlex URLs?

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Oct 5 15:50:21 EDT 2000

>I've been having a persistent (but not consistent) problem with IE 5 with
>regard to URLs into which argument variables have been embedded. So far
>I've only seen on URLs with relative links. For example

<snip>

>(all those stray question marks are represented as thick vertical bars on
>screen, but a "Copy link location" turns them into ?s)

Haven't seen that, but IE 5 before 5.01 *SP1* had a problem with long URLs
which caused PDF files from certain database services not to come up, even
though Acrobat was properly installed.  You may be seeing another symptom of
that - try it on 5.5 if you have it available.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org