Deep Freeze/virus

Jeanne Heicher nppublib at pa.net
Fri Oct 13 15:11:08 EDT 2000

Donna and others,

Deep Freeze will work as virus protection- as long as it's enabled.
BUT, if you disable it to download anything permanently, you will need
something to check the incoming downloads. By the same token, if you
plan on ever installing any other programs on these computers, you
might want virus software which will check the installation disks as
well, as you will need to disable Deep Freeze to install programs, and
that foils the ability of Deep Freeze to protect your drive from
viruses.

Also, I don't know where Deep Freeze stores its information on a
drive's setup. I rather think that's proprietary info, and you won't
find it anywhere. But I DO know that the program works, and I wouldn't
want to be library tech support without it!!
	Jeanne Heicher

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newport Public Library                  Hours:
316 N. 4th St.  Newport PA 17074        Mon.   1 PM  - 8 PM
(717)567-6860  FAX (717)567-3373        Tues.  10 AM - 5 PM
                                        Wed.   1 PM  - 8 PM
nppublib at pa.net                         Thurs. 10 AM - 8 PM
http://www.pa.net/nppublib              Fri.   1 PM  - 5 PM
                                        Sat.   10 AM - 2 PM

Thank you for supporting your community library.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx