[WEB4LIB] Re: Ebooks in libraries

Drew, Bill drewwe at snymorva.morrisville.EDU
Mon Oct 2 12:39:11 EDT 2000

Paint me stupid if that is what I am, but hasn't access always been
controlled by technology?  While Andrew Pace raises many important
arguments, there is too much lumping together of issues here.  The
definition of fair use is much more than "reproduction for teaching and
research."   This discussion seems to be about licensing agreements not
technology or fair use.  I would bet that licensing agreements and contracts
could be written so that the last copy of a work does not have to stay with
the original publisher.

Bill Drew