Is it Netscape or is it the computer

Michele Seipp MicheleS at cityoflafayette.com
Thu Nov 30 19:13:55 EST 2000

We are having a problem with the left side navigation buttons in InfoTrac
disappearing randomly.

There are 6 computers, all using Netscape Navigator 4.08, but we can only
get this to happen on one computer.  The buttons on the left side are all
visible on the first page, but as you go further into your search, they
begin to disappear from the screen as the new pages load.  Reloading may or
may not bring back some of them.  You can still use the buttons if you read
the ALT tags, but it is not obvious to the public that a button even should
be there, so they don't know to look for the tag.

Because it only happens on this one computer, we are thinking it isn't
Netscape.  But if not, what else is there to blame?

Thanks,
Michele Seipp
Lafayette Public Library
Lafayette, CO