Position Survey

Ed Veal EVeal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us
Thu Nov 30 16:26:14 EST 2000

I am doing a survey for job reclassification purposes. We have recently created a new "Technology Assistant" position here at the Lubbock City-County Library and am trying to determine if other library of comparable size have similar positions.

I have included a job description of our new position for comparison.  If you have a similar position could you provide your compensation (salary) range.

Thank you for your assistance.

JOB DUTY:

Boot up WebCat and Gates PCs Monday through Friday
· Report any problems/anomalies to appropriate Helpdesk
· Report any problems/situations to Reference staff as they occur
· Follow up on all Helpdesk calls.  Keep involved staff posted on status of call
· Keep supervisor informed

JOB DUTY:

Troubleshooting for the Library's software and hardware
· Make appropriate contacts for resolution
· Follow up on all calls. Keep involved staff posted on status of call
· Conduct site visits as problems arise
· Conduct routine site visits
· Keep supervisor informed

JOB DUTY:

Act as liaison between the library and the City of Lubbock Information Technology Dept.

JOB DUTY:

Website maintenance and development

· Report statistics regarding the website to the appropriate person
· Coordinate with the Web Development  team
· Create and develop new and timely links, etc.

JOB DUTY:

Maintain the Gates lab

· Assist and coordinate with Public Services staff as needed
· Make appropriate contacts for problem resolution

JOB DUTY:

Performs other assignments as needed.
·  Continue to assist at the Circulation Desk as  needed to keep up with the current policies/procedures

Ed Veal
Lubbock City-County Library
Technical Services
email: eveal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us