Internet access policy screen

Catherine Buck Morgan catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Thu Nov 30 16:17:10 EST 2000

I've created an internet access policy screen, (thanks to the help of
Christine Price!). The screen works perfectly in IE, but not in
Netscape. In IE, when the Internet Access Policy page opens up, it
totally covers the desktop, and there are no toolbars, etc., showing.
One clicks the I Accept button to access the internet, and a new browser
window opens up.

However, in Netscape, you can still see the title bar of the browser,
which has the minimize, restore buttons in the upper right corner, as
well as the desktop taskbar at the bottom of the desktop. I'd really
like it to behave like IE.

Unfortunately, Netscape is the browser of choice for the public machines
(Pentium 1s with WIN95 and Fortress 3.0), because Fortress won't let
IE's toolbar display. (If there's a fix for this, I'd like to hear it!)

Any ideas on how I can get my pages to work in Netscape like they do in
IE?

Here's the URL to demonstrate the problem. NOTE!!! Because the page
takes over the desktop in IE, you either have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of the
page, or scroll to the very bottom and click in the text box on the left
hand side (which I'm hoping the patrons will ignore).

http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/catherine/entryaccess.htm

Thanks.
--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Automation Librarian
EMAIL: catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Phone: 803.734.8651 Fax 803.734.4757
Home page: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/
Web catalog: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/scslweb/welcome.html

The opinions stated herein are not necessarily those of SCSL.