[WEB4LIB] Anti-virus software on public kiosks?

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:11:24 EST 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Steve Casburn wrote:

> I would prefer to take off the anti-viral software if I can -- it adds to
> CPU overhead, slows down response time, and decreases stability. If the
> software is actually doing some good, though, of course I'll leave it on.

Steve, don't know if this'll help any, but we use F-prot antivirus
software from www.commandcom.com.  It's quicker and users less
overhead.  It scans the pc when installed, then scans memory when you boot
up and scans files when they're opened.  It's worked ok for us
campus-wide.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu