Locking Down Mac OS 9

Michael Dargan darganm at maple.iren.net
Tue Nov 28 16:26:19 EST 2000

I'm fussing around with MacOS9 which I'd like to use on some of our
public Internet terminals.  I've created a "public" login with access
only to the web browser and little else.  However, I see that patrons can
still gain access to the preferences which control the appearance of
their session.  While this doesn't cause a huge amount of trouble the
appearance of the computer does change and that's a little confusing to
patrons.

Does any one have a way to prevent access to the user's preferences?  Or,
at least come up with a way to restore the original preferences upon
restart?  Thanks.

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701