CueCat -- Any Progress?

David Fulton dfulton at mailbox.lpl.org
Mon Nov 27 16:37:00 EST 2000

Please see Wired, December 2000, page 102 for information about some hacks
for the Cue Cat, including a java-based program that looks up ISBN numbers
at libraries worldwide. The article also includes a way to "declaw" it by
disabling the component that transmits a unique serial number with each
scan.

I found that the Cat worked OK, mostly, although in the time it took to do
several swipes of a BMW ad before the scan was successful I could have
easily typed "bmw" in my browser address bar.

--
David Fulton
Liverpool Public Library
dfulton at mailbox.lpl.org