Strange Computer TRICKS

The Shy Librarian publisher at shylibrarian.com
Mon Nov 27 07:42:55 EST 2000

I was just wondering if anyone else had a strange computer trick to share.

My latest exploit involves my home computer, an HP running Windows NT
workstation 4.  When turning on my computer, often I would get a
heart-stopping NT blue screen telling me, in essence, that life was over.  A
few weeks ago, I happened on a bizarre solution to my blue screen problem.
It’s a "computer trick" with a zero failure rate.  Now, immediately after
pushing the button to turn on the computer, I simply open the CD-ROM tray.
I don't put anything in the tray, just leave it open through the booting
process.  And since I've been doing that, there has been no deadly blue
screen, not one.  If it isn't pure coincidence (and I don't think it is),
then perhaps there is some explanation, but I don't really need one. I'll
just continue this same ritual blindly for the next few years!

Would anyone else be willing to admit to a strange computer trick that works
for them, even though they haven’t a clue as to why?  Regards, Joe

Joseph Cadieux, MLS
Publisher--THE SHY LIBRARIAN www.shylibrarian.com
Librarybook, Inc. 67 Van Buren Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06107