[WEB4LIB] Mac to PC conversion software?

Tripp, Tim tim.tripp at uhn.on.ca
Thu Nov 23 08:56:01 EST 2000

Hi Linda,

You've got two issues here - it sounds like your zip disk is formatted for
Mac.  There is a commercial utility for reading mac disks on a pc, but I
can't remember the name at the moment - I think it's something like
"MacOpener,"  but I'm not certain.  However, as Tony pointed out, whoever
gave you the disk, should have formatted it for the pc.

The second issue, once you're able to read the disk, is reading the files,
and that's going to depend upon what they are.  If they're MS Office files,
you shouldn't have a problem - Since Office '97, all their Office formats
were cross platform compatible.  And if they're web documents, it shouldn't
be an issue...

Cheers,

Tim

--

Tim Tripp
Clinical Decision Support, Project Manager
Work : tim.tripp at uhn.on.ca
Home : tim at timtripp.com
http://www.timtripp.com/