[WEB4LIB] 3-D Chat Service

CBailey512 at aol.com CBailey512 at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 20:47:33 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/21/00 4:17:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,

>    In researching chat services in Academic Universe / Lexis/Nexis, I
> learned about this most interesting development.
>
>                             October 3, 2000
>
>                             Activeworlds.com and Juno to Provide 3-D Chat
> Service
>                             [ http://www.activeworlds.com/press/index.html]

I've been a participant in Activeworlds for 5 years or more. While there are
some schools among the 700+ "worlds" currently online, there are no
libraries. Nor have I seem one yet.

The Activeworlds pc client software (windows only) is available for a free
download at www.activeworlds.com

The activeworlds'  "world" software is available for free to schools. I
presume the same is true for libraries. The software is available for both NT
and Linux.

CD Bailey