[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 6

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri Nov 17 13:51:04 EST 2000

TB> By my  choice of browser I choose not to have tables, scripting,
TB> colors, images, variations in font and font size or sounds, in my
TB> initial viewing of a page. If I can't get any useful information from
TB> the page I know the author/publisher is clueless and its not worth
TB> going any further. If I see that there may be useful features which
TB> require more capability I open it in a fully featured browser. I save
TB> a LOT of time this way.

>From this I must infer that about 90 percent of the pages you view are
useless and have clueless authors.  Right?  Otherwise, it would seem
that the time to switch browsers, etc, would eat up the time you save
by using the quick browser.  I can understand how not loading images
and sounds saves time, but the tables, colors, and so forth are embedded
in the HTML and still get sent to you, so why not use them?

Just curious, not trying to change your habits....

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA