[WEB4LIB] Netscape 6 and FirstSearch

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Nov 16 14:39:22 EST 2000

TD> Is anyone getting into FirstSearch with Netscape 6 or Mozilla?  OCLC seems
TD> to have a browser sniffer that screws up, overlooks your valid IP, and
TD> sends you to a password login screen.  Thanks for illustrating why relying
TD> on browser sniffing is bad.

I just went to FirstSearch and did a search on BioAg index via IP
authentication.  No problems.  I put the search terms in and hit
Enter, and nothing happened....which I find irritating.  But clicking
on the Search button worked fine too.  This using the "official" NS6,
full install, on Win2K.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA