Beyond Netscape 6

John Moore jdmoore at fedcir.gov
Thu Nov 16 10:55:18 EST 2000

The page looks completely different in Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 for me, yet N
6.0 is supposed to be standards compliant. Do you know what gives? It
appears that some class of text is supposed to be right aligning in N 6.0
and it is not...
As an aside, an annoying feature, or lack thereof, is that right clicking
in N 6.0's  location bar doesn't enable me to highlight, then copy and
paste a URL. I have to highlight, then go to "Edit" then "Copy".
Lastly, N 6.0 seems to take **forever** to load, and seems to exist almost
completely in the swap file. (I only have 32 MB RAM, but I thought this was
supposed to be the "lean & mean" New Netscape).

At 06:17 AM 11/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Re: my highly unofficial contact page at http://maroon.ohiolink.edu/tpd/
>

> > Charles Hobbs wrote:
> >
> > >  but it looked beautiful on IE 5.50...
> >
> > On the other hand you have to scroll down to see the text. That must
> > contravene some design standard!
> >

>That shouldn't happen, and doesn't happen with my copy of IE 5.5.
>I have seen occasional cases where IE's calculation of DIV elements
>versus screen width falls into some no man's land; usually, resizing
>the window fixes this rendering bug.  By design, the text starts at the
>top, as would be expected.
>
>Thomas Dowling
>OhioLINK - Ohio Library and Information Network
>tdowling at ohiolink.edu

John D. Moore
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Library
202.312.5503