[WEB4LIB] Beyond Netscape

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Thu Nov 16 08:43:59 EST 2000

Thomas's validator certainly is the best visible example I've seen so far of
Netscape 4.x's weak or non-support of standards. Here are some other pages
that can be viewed with IE but not Netscape 4.x, although I don't know which
instances are due to standards support and which are taking advantage of
unique IE features:
http://www.agt.net/public/abta/page13.htm
http://mason.gmu.edu/~mwright4/ (click on link)
http://mac-clan.com/kris/website-info.shtml
What I had been looking for were examples where there was a clear intent to
exploit standards that NS 4.x does not support. The examples are sought to
bolster the argument that an increasing number of sites may use such
features, and that sometime in 2001 our libraries will want to move to some
other browser on their public Internet stations.
Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System
jkuntz at rcls.org