Call for Participation: Survey on Web Proxy Use in Libraries

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Wed Nov 15 21:43:39 EST 2000

    This message is being posted to several lists.  Please excuse the
duplication.

I am conducting a survey on the use of web proxy servers in libraries.
The survey is located at:

  <http://www.pandc.org/proxy/survey/>

A summary of the responses will be posted to the same web site in
mid-December.  One of the questions at the end asks where you learned
about the survey; if there are responses based on the posting to this
list I'll send a summary to this list as well.  Responses to the survey
may be used in future presentations and publications.

The survey consists of a group of questions regarding your library's
use or planned use of proxy servers to solve one or more of these
problems:

 1. Bandwidth Conservation
 2. Gathering Statistics
 3. Filtering
 4. Remote Resource Access

For each area, you will be asked which proxy server you are using or
plan to use to solve a particular problem along with followup questions
specific to each problem.

This survey is being conducted in conjunction with the LITA Regional
Institute on "Proxy Web Servers and Authentication" and a Southern
Connecticut State University Department of Library and Information
Sciences class.

Thank you for your participation!

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut