Beyond Netscape

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Wed Nov 15 17:06:03 EST 2000

The release of NS 6 prompted me to send a message to our member libraries
suggesting that in the coming months we'll need to decide whether to upgrade
the Netscape 4.X browsers we currently support on their Internet public
access workstations, or replace them with something else.
I'd like to offer them some choice examples of sites that don't work well
with Netscape 4.X in order to support my explanation that an increasing
number of sites won't be able to be viewed properly. Anyone have a handy
list of URLs (ones likely to be used by public library patrons would be
especially helpful)? I'm sure there are some in the web4lib archive, but the
keywords I'd use might be too common.
Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System