[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 6 is out

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Wed Nov 15 13:35:53 EST 2000

Peter Murray wrote:

> Oh, wow!  How much better stuff looks with CSS support.
>
> Unfortunately, we've lost "Print Preview" -- and gained "Print Plus".
> (Oh, boy...I really needed that.)  This is an unfortunate step
> backwards.  Does anyone know if the daily Mozilla builds have added back
> the print preview functionality?
>

> Peter
> --
> Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
> University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut

I find that Netscape Mail will not 'remember' my window layout. Also, if
my mail window is less than full screen, and I choose reply, then go
full screen, the vertical scroll bar from the old window appears in the
body of the reply...yuk...until a CR is entered.

And the toolbar icons for Navigator and Netscape Mail are identical!  I
can no longer tell at a glance where that e-mail is that I was working
on, or which window is my in-box.

And, I cannot simply highlight the "From" or "To" addresses to copy to
another e-mail.

But the lack of print preview is a killer.  And the Printer Plus appears
to be nothing more than an advertising campaign.  This is nuts.  I'm
back to 4.74.  Anybody found how to re-enable preview?

Dennis Brantley  mailto:dennis at dati.com
Data Access Technologies, Inc.