Restricting web access on Gates PCs

Marsha Weeks mweeks at ci.glendora.ca.us
Tue Nov 14 18:08:28 EST 2000

Help! I'm trying to setup some of our Gates PCs to only go to certain
websites. On "normal" NT workstation PCs, I create a fake proxy and type in
the select addresses in the "do not use a proxy for.." area. This has
worked well for us in the past so that patrons can only access our OPAC and
online databases but nothing else. I can't get this to work on our new
Gates PCs. I can have it access our own webserver but nothing else. Has
anyone been successful in restricting web access to a few websites on their
Gates machines? Please share any info you have in doing this. Thanks!!!

Marsha Weeks, Systems Librarian
Glendora Public Library
140 S. Glendora Ave.
Glendora, CA  91741
(626) 852-4891 Phone / (626) 852-4899 Fax