Need help with System Policy Editor/Internet Explorer 5.5

Beth DeGeer bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
Wed Nov 8 15:52:09 EST 2000

We just purchased a new computer running Windows NT Workstation 4.0.  We
intend this computer to use Internet Explorer 5.5 to access only our
database subscriptions & the library catalog (Dynix PAC for Windows 1.3b).

I have everything just the way I want it, with one exception:  I can't
figure out how to allow users to use Print Preview (on the file menu) and
Print (on the file menu) while restricting access to everything else on the
File menu in IE 5.5.  I am new to working with System Policy Editor (which
we added to the PC and which we are using to add restrictions to the OS &
programs) and cobbed my .adm files from our Gates Foundation computers.  The
.adm files work great, but they are for an earlier version of Explorer,
without the Print Preview feature.  Right now the File menu (the whole
toolbar) is gone completely, and while I can add back a Print button, I
can't add back the Print Preview feature which we really need.  Can anyone
coach me or direct me to some examples?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Beth DeGeer

Youth Services Librarian/PC Administrator
Bartlesville Public Library, Bartlesville OK
bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
http://www.bartlesville.lib.ok.us